Actor Arpita Mukherjee: The Enforcement Directorate has discovered multiple flats Arpita Mukherjee owns that have sale deeds. Arpita Mukherjee is an assistant to Trinamool Congress leader Partha Chatterjee (ED). In connection with a school employment scam, the FBI detained Ms. Mukherjee after discovering crores of money in her residence.
Arpita Mukherjee admitted to the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday that West Bengal Minister Partha Chatterjee forced her to allow her homes to be used to store the illicit cash after two recoveries of sizable sums of cash and gold from two of her residences in Kolkata’s Tollygunge and Belgharia.
According to ED sources, Mukherjee also acknowledged that Chatterjee had hidden the cash from her home with the aid of a close friend she was unaware of.
The ED has discovered multiple flats that Arpita Mukherjee, an aide to Trinamool Congress leader Partha Chatterjee, owns. Ms. Mukherjee was detained by the organization about a scheme involving school jobs.
Five things you should know about Arpita Mukherjee:
- On Thursday, the ED searched the fourth home of the 30-year-old model, actor, and Instagrammer. The agency has so far taken back 50 crore rupees in cash from Ms. Mukherjee’s two properties.
- Ms. Mukherjee reportedly owns two apartments in Clubtown Heights, a Belgharia neighborhood of Kolkata, according to ED officials. The ED confiscated nearly 30 crore rupees in cash and five kg of gold jewelry during the operation performed at one of these apartments on Thursday morning. According to agency officials, there was no recovery from the second apartment.
- From another apartment held by Ms. Mukherjee in the Diamond City condo in Tollygunge, Kolkata, on Friday, investigators seized cash totaling 21 crores, gold bars worth 2 crores, and a sizable sum of foreign currency.
- In addition to finding money and gold, the investigation team also discovered numerous papers and documents that implicated the scammers from their locations.
- Between 2008 and 2014, Arpita Mukherjee worked in the Bengali and Odia film industries. She has been into modeling since college and comes from a middle-class family in Belghoria on the northern outskirts of Kolkata.